Yes, yes, YES! I love it 🙂
The rethinking of the OpenTherm bit capturing strategy I did a few days ago really did improve things quite a lot, as can be seen on a screendump of my OT Decoder:
This is great, wonderful result! And the time it took to come this far was well spent, cause I’ve learned a lot in the past days. I’m starting to know the Opentherm Data ID’s by heart, I know some more about the ATMega timers and Manchester decoding has no secrets for me anymore.
You may notice that in my case only the Master (lines with a ‘T’ in them, in both screendumps) frames are decoded and not the Slave response frames (Slave=Boiler, starting with a ‘B’ in the lower screendump), but that’s because I added a delay that causes the sketch to skip the Slave responses.
So the sketch is going to be the next thing I’m going to work on in the next couple of days. But for today, I’m going to relax and and stop thinking about microseconds, timers, prescalers and ISRs; it’s time for something completely different: a Somfy RS-485 RTS Transmitter for our rolling shutters which will (hopefully) arrive in a few weeks! That’s why I like Domotica so much – the diversity of things to do and learn.