After nearly a full afternoon of soldering, testing, debugging I finished the board shown above. This is not my cup of tea, that’s for sure… 🙁
I forgot to add 1 wire (the red one to the right of the MAX3232) and the whole thing didn’t work… so I checked if all the wires were there, and I still thought they all were; next I checked if the cable coming from the Remeha was 100% OK – it still was; I re-checked all connections; and finally, after 2 hours, I found that capacitor with one leg connected to nothing. That can’t be right.. after I fixed this everything worked as well as on the breadboard. Pfff.. Next time when I solder something similar, I’ll make a hard-copy of the schematic and I’ll mark the components and wires I finished soldering on that hard-copy, so I won’t make this mistake ever again! After connecting the female DB9 to the RFXCOM RS232 module, I was good to go.
This was the hardest part. From this point everything went very smooth:
- I changed the Calenta Interface settings from using a Serial to using a TCP Connection, as in:
Connection=SER COMPort=13 Baudrate=9600
Connection=LAN IPAddress=192.168.10.131 IPPort=10002
- I built my Domotica Delphi project (nothing more than Shift-F9 inside the Delphi IDE);
- I set the Remeha Interface “AutoRun” property to True in the database, which means it will automatically start whenever my Domotica system restarts;
- Created a backup of the executable I used until now (v145, with v1 being 5 years old right now);
- Copied the newly built executable to my Domotica VM;
- And restarted it…
Ooww yeah, this is it 🙂
A long-cherished wish has been realized; unexpected, relatively simple and cheap!